V-STARS/D MULTI-CAMERA MEASUREMENT SYSTEM
The V-STARS/D system is a highly-accurate and highly-flexible multi-camera system that allows you to measure 3D coordinates in real-time in a variety of ways: contact probing, measurement of deformation or movement of objects.
A unique feature of V-STARS/D is its ability to make real-time measurements in unstable environments. In the Stable Mode of operation, the cameras must be stabilized following a quick set up. In Unstable Mode, on the other hand, camera vibration or movement can occur without resulting in loss of measurement accuracy. Unstable Mode makes use of stable, targeted control points on the object that position the cameras each and every time images are recorded. Thus, movement of either the object or of the cameras is fully compensated for.
The DynaMo camera can also function in single-camera mode to produce measurement accuracy from 5µm + 5µm/m.
DynaMo cameras are GSI’s latest innovation in remotely-operated industrial photogrammetry. These cameras are extremely lightweight and compact; they incorporate a low visibility flash system and a positive pressure “dust off” system. DynaMo cameras also have wide fields of view and large operating ranges.
V-STARS/D is based on photogrammetry technology and has the same key features:
- Immune to vibration and movement, so it can be used where other technologies cannot.
- Works from lifts, cranes and unstable platforms, so it can see and measure where other systems cannot.
- Fast picture taking and no warm-up time, so measurements are quick and production downtime is minimized.
- Small and portable, so it goes practically anywhere, including into tight spaces where others cannot go.
- Lightweight, ruggedized camera with positive pressure “dust-off” system.
The accuracy, portability and ruggedness of V-STARS/D make it well suited for a wide variety of applications in many industries, such as aerospace, antenna, automotive, heavy engineering, shipbuilding and more. Such applications include:
- Periodic tool inspection
- Measurement of deformations due to changes in position, performance of materials, or load deformations
- Dynamic measurements
- Adjustment of robot positioning
How does V-STARS/D photogrammetry system work?
Measurement with the V-STARS/D system is performed with two cameras directed at the object to be measured on which coded reference targets are positioned.
Using photogrammetry calculations, the system references the object with high accuracy thanks to the coded markers.
From this point, the operator can perform actions on the part using a contact probe; he can monitor the movement of the object or measure the deformations it suffers from.
|Accuracy (Multi-camera)||14µm + 14µm/m||14µm + 14µm/m||10µm + 10µm/m|
|Accuracy (Single-camera)||7µm + 7µm/m||7µm + 7µm/m||5µm + 5µm/m|
|Field of View (HxV)°||58(H) x 50(V)°||72(H) x 62(V)°||72(H) x 58(V)°|
|Shutter Life||Unlimited (electronic)||Unlimited (electronic)||Unlimited (electronic)|
Download our brochure for more informationDownload PDF