V-STARS/N – PORTABLE CMM
The V-STARS/N photogrammetry system functions as a portable 3D coordinate measurement machine (CMM) and allows for inspection and quality control on the shop floor.
As the system consists of only one camera, it can be transported easily to where the measurement will be carried out and thus avoids having to move parts to the metrology room.
The great advantage of this system is its ability to measure large objects and maintain a high measurement accuracy of up to 5 microns/m.
The main features of the V-STARS/N are:
- Immune to vibration and movement, so it can be used where other technologies cannot.
- Works from lifts, cranes and unstable platforms, so it can see and measure where other systems cannot.
- Fast picture taking and no warm-up time, so measurements are quick and production downtime is minimized.
- Small and portable, so it goes practically anywhere, including into tight spaces where others cannot go.
- Lightweight, ruggedized camera with positive pressure “dust-off” system.
There are three different V-STARS/N system configurations: V-STARS/N Silver, Gold and Platinum systems. All are highly portable and come with one high-resolution digital camera, V-STARS software for automatic data processing, and accessories.
– Part and Tool building and inspection
– Heavy Engineering, measurement of bridge blocks and wind energy towers, for example
– Antenna Measurement, day/night, hot/cold at practically any size and in any orientation
– Automotive, periodic tool inspection and troubleshooting
– Shipbuilding, fit-up, alignment, piping and inspection, inside/outside and even in the water
– Wind Energy Towers, flatness, blade and spar measurements
Aerospace, measurement of plane fuselage, wing-fuselage, assembly
How does V-STARS/N photogrammetry system work?
The process is simple; place physical markers on the object at the points to be measured and then take pictures of the object from different perspectives.
The 3D coordinates of the markers are determined via an automatic operation, which first measures the points in the images and then recreates the geometry of the network of images and points from the images.
|Accuracy||10µm + 10µm/m||7µm + 7µm/m||5µm + 5µm/m|
|Field of View°||Narrow||Medium||Medium|
|Field of View (HxV)°||66(H) x 45(V)°||74(H) x 53(V)°||74(H) x 53(V)°|
|Weight||1.5 Kg||1.5 Kg||1.5 Kg|
Download our brochure for more informationDownload PDF