3rd Party Software
3RD PARTY SOFTWARE PARTNERSHIPS
We partner with industry-leading/best-in-class 3D point cloud management software Polyworks® to provide the best solution for our customers and to enhance user capabilities. However, our customers can still choose any other point cloud management or inspection software to work with the generated STLs.
Polyworks is the software developed by the company Innovmetric, located in Canada. It accounts for an installed based of more than 10,000 licenses in the companies of customers from very different sectors, like automotive, aerospace, consumer goods, energy and metalworking.
It has two main modules: Polyworks/Modeler and Polyworks/Inspector.
PolyWorks/Modeler is a comprehensive modeling solution that enables total interoperability with polygonal modeling (STL), surface modeling (NURBS), and solid modeling workflows.
Its key features are:
• Complete alignment toolbox, including best-fit alignment of individual point clouds or multiple scanning sessions and statistical analysis.
• World’s best adaptive-meshing technology with distributed processing capability over a computer network.
• Total polygon-editing toolbox that enables correcting imperfectly digitized geometry using flat and curvature-based hole filling, boundary reconstruction, sharp edge and corner reconstruction and more.
• Rapid NURBS surfacing capabilities including automatic and interactive curve network creation, support of N-sided patches and T-junctions, automatic NURBS surface fitting with G2/G1/G0 continuity and more.
• Parametric 2D sketching capabilities that support arc, line, circle, and spline entities, and relational constraints between entities.
• Advanced interoperability with CAD/CAM applications including import of IGES/STEP files, watertight tessellation of NURBS surfaces, morphing of tessellated CAD models toward measured models, volumetric or surface-based merging of digitized and tessellated CAD models, local reconstruction of CAD faces using fitted NURBS surfaces and more.
• Finite element meshing through the quadrangulation of triangulated models.
PolyWorks/Inspector is a powerful software solution that provides a set of tools to control tool and part dimensions, diagnose or prevent manufacturing or assembly issues, guide assembly building through real-time measurement, and control the quality of final assembled products from scanned data.
Its key features are:
• Self-learning, parametric, traceable and updatable solution that automatically records the operator’s intent and adapts to new measurement contexts.
• Universal platform that supports high-density point cloud digitizers, arm-based and hand-held probing devices, photogrammetry-based devices, laser trackers, and manual CMMs for hybrid metrology applications.
• Powerful set of data-to-CAD alignment techniques that include constrained surface and cross-sectional best-fit, best-fit within tolerance, as well as techniques based on features, reference points, flush and gap gauges, and more.
• Widest range of comparison and measurement tools on the market for a complete analysis of surface, boundary, and cross-sectional deviations, feature dimensions and GD&T controls, in addition to flush and gap, profile radius, airfoil dimensions, clearance, thickness, and more
• Integrated Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology.
• Embedded SmartGD&T™ technology from Multi Metrics.
• Extended report capabilities including customizable report layouts, automatic report generation, and export to Adobe PDF.
• Integrated DirectReplay™ remeasurement technology to automatically measure a new piece without teaching or scripting.
• User-friendly macro-programming language for advanced process customization.