NUB3D SOFTWARE FOR AUTOMATED AND STAND-ALONE SCANNERS
NUB3D has developed two different types of scanning software, one for stand-alone scanners and the other for automated scanners:
TRIPLE is NUB3D’s 3D data management software for managing and operating stand-alone scanners whereas AIRUS is the 3D inspection software for operating, configuring and managing robotized sensors.
Triple is 3D data management software designed with a user-friendly interface that includes the most important functionality for data acquisition and the control of SIDIO stand-alone systems .
Triple 3D scanning software provides tools and support for different registration techniques, allows for the integration of automated devices and offers a wide range of export formats. Triple enables users to continue their reverse engineering and inspection process utilizing their preferred software package.
Triple’s main features are:
- Manages sensor hardware: Displays hardware status and alarms.
- Controls the scanning process: The user can configure each shot to maximize the amount of data obtained.
- Automatically calibrates SIDIO sensor heads.
- Photogrammetry Integration: Supports registration with 3D coordinates from any photogrammetry system .
- Supports MML registration.
- Graphic user interface for managing projects, scanning sessions, taking shots and overall 3D point cloud data.
- Enhanced display to make the 3D scanning process easier. The last shot data is automatically highlighted on the screen.
- A tracking mode that positions the scanned object in the same perspective in which the shot was taken.
- MMEG – Automatic registration of different views by using adhesive circles or spheres.
- Easy scanning sessions alignment using primitives or interactive N-points.
- Different export formats: Exports results in ASCII, ASCII + Color and STL, PIF, PIF + Color. Compatible with the leading point cloud management software: PolyWorks®, Geomagic® and Rapidform®, as well as CAD/CAM packages such as, Tebis®, PowerMil®, PowerINSPECT®, IcemSurf® among others.
Airus software is NUB3D’s 3D inspection software for managing the SIDIO AIRUS robotized unit. It provides a user-interface for the operator to automatically and seamlessly inspect parts. It is operated via touchscreen and has a graphic user-friendly interface.
This software’s main functionalities are to:
- Manage and run parts measurement: The software shows the operator pictures of all the parts that can be inspected with the cell. It also provides a search functionality to locate a part by name.
- Show and control the status of the robotized unit: The software shows the operator the status of both the sensor and the robot, using red flags to indicate when operator intervention is required.
- Offer the administrator inspection cell configuration options: Different configuration options are available, such as calibration period, VDI certification period, when to carry out photogrammetric measurement of scanning references, and more.
- Scan parts and inspect the plan specifications OR configure the inspection plan: A new part is very easy to add to the cell using Airus software. Robot positions are automatically calculated from CAD data and the inspection plan. The inspection plan can be fully configured using simple macro programming language. In just few hours, the new part is ready to be inspected by the cell..
- Show inspection report when scanning is complete: Once scanning is completed, a graphic inspection report is shown to the operator where to see if part is within tolerance or not. A very wide range of inspection tools is available.